DOT RELEASE: Kauaʻi Lane Closures for week of March 7-13
Lane closure schedules may change at any time without further notice. All projects are weather permitting.
--- KAUMUALII HIGHWAY (ROUTE 50) ---
1) HANAPEPE (24-HOUR CLOSURE) The Hanapepe River Bridge on Kaumualii Highway (Route 50) between Puolo Road and Iona Road will be closed, and traffic will be shifted to the adjacent temporary bridge over a 24-hour period, 7 days a week. Speed limit is reduced to 25 mph.
--- KUHIO HIGHWAY (ROUTES 56/560) ---
1) ANAHOLA (NIGHT WORK) Closure of single lane at a time on Kuhio Highway (Route 56) in both directions in the vicinity of mile markers 15 and 16, Koolau Road to Papaa Road, on Monday night, March 9, through Friday morning, March 13, from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. for pavement reconstruction work. Traffic flow in both directions will be maintained through alternating traffic control (contraflow).
2) HANALEI Single lane closure on Kuhio Highway (Route 560) at mile marker 1 (the hill approaching Hanalei bridge). The single lane closure, with Hanalei-bound and Princeville-bound traffic alternating in the remaining open lane, will take place between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday and between the hours of 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.
HDOT recommends motorists plan for delays and check traffic conditions before they get on the road. Camera views of Kuhio Highway at Hanalei Hill can be viewed at http://goakamai.org/icx/pages/cameras.aspx by selecting ‘Kauai – Kuhio Hwy’ from the dropdown field.
3) KILAUEA Single lane closure on Kuhio Highway (Route 56) in the southbound direction between Wailapa Road and Kuhio Highway, on Monday, March 9, through Thursday, March 12, from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for tree trimming work.
4) LIHUE (NIGHT WORK) Roving closure along both lanes on Kuhio Highway (Route 56) in the southbound direction between the intersection of Kuhio Highway and Eha Street on Sunday night, March 8, through Friday morning, March 13, from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. for sewer line inspection work.