PLEASE NOTE: Lane closure schedules may change at any time without further notice. All projects are weather permitting.
--- KAUMUALII HIGHWAY (ROUTE 50) ---
1) HANAPEPE (24-HOUR CLOSURE) The Hanapepe River Bridge on Kaumualii Highway (Route 50) between Puolo Road and Iona Road will be closed, and traffic will be shifted to the adjacent temporary bridge over a 24-hour period, 7 days a week. Speed limit is reduced to 25 mph.
--- KUHIO HIGHWAY (ROUTES 56/560) ---
1) HANALEI Single lane closure on Kuhio Highway (Route 560) at mile marker 1 (the hill approaching Hanalei bridge), seven days a week starting Friday, Jan. 3. The single lane closure, with Hanalei-bound and Princeville-bound traffic alternating in the remaining open lane, will take place between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday and between the hours of 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sundays.
HDOT recommends motorists plan for delays and check traffic conditions before they get on the road. Camera views of Kuhio Highway at Hanalei Hill can be viewed at http://goakamai.org/icx/pages/cameras.aspx by selecting ‘Kauai – Kuhio Hwy’ from the dropdown field.
2) KILAUEA Single lane closure on Kuhio Highway (Route 56) in the southbound direction between Pili Road and Waiakalua Street on Monday, Jan. 13, through Thursday, Jan. 16, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for tree trimming work.
3) LIHUE Closure of a single lane at a time on Kuhio Highway (Route 56) in both directions between Eha Street and Kauai Beach Drive, on Monday, Jan. 13, through Friday, Jan. 17, from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. for guardrail work and landscaping. Traffic flow in both directions will be maintained through alternating traffic control (contraflow).
4) WAIKOKO TO WAINIHA (NIGHT WORK) Full closure of Kuhio Highway (Route 560) between Anae Road and Waikoko Bridge, tentatively scheduled for two days in the week starting Monday, Jan. 13, to complete paving at the Waipa Bridge.
Work is currently planned for Monday and Tuesday night, but may need to be rescheduled if there is ongoing inclement weather.