The administrations of Molokai High, Molokai Middle, Kaunakakai Elementary and Maunaloa Elementary schools sent the following communication to their school communities today. An earlier notification went out to Molokai High School staff and parents on Friday.
Sept. 13, 2020
Dear Molokai School Community,
This is an announcement about precautions being taken due to a positive COVID-19 case involving a Molokai High School employee. The affected employee was last on the Molokai High School campus on Friday, September 4, and had minimal interaction with staff and no interaction with students. Any impacted areas were professionally cleaned and disinfected over the weekend.
The case had the potential to indirectly affect meal service at multiple campuses.
We extend a sincere mahalo to Rep. Lynn DeCoite for her kōkua in securing an alternative provider for student meals during this temporary period. This will allow for uninterrupted grab-and-go meal service for our students.
Out of an abundance of caution, there will be a modification starting tomorrow, Monday, September 14, to the grab-and-go pick-up location for Molokai High and Molokai Middle.
• The grab-and-go location for Molokai Middle and Molokai High (shared distribution) will change to the bus lane fronting Molokai High until further notice.
• Grab-and-go locations will remain the same for Maunaloa Elementary and Kaunakakai Elementary.
• All grab-and-go times will remain the same:
• Maunaloa Elementary: Breakfast 7:15-7:45 a.m., Lunch 11:15-11:45 a.m.
• Kaunakakai Elementary: Breakfast 7:15-7:45 a.m., Lunch 11:00-11:30 a.m.
• Molokai Middle/Molokai High: Breakfast 7:15-7:45 a.m., Lunch 12:00-12:30 p.m.
We will update families if there are any other changes. Thank you for your continued support and cooperation.
Administration of Molokai High School, Molokai Middle School, Kaunakakai Elementary School and Maunaloa Elementary School