U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross Honors
U.S. Companies With Presidential Award for Export Achievements 39 American Companies Receive Highest U.S. Honor for Export Success
Today, U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross honored 39 U.S. companies and organizations, recognizing their contributions to American export growth by naming them winners of the 2020 President’s “E” Awards. Winners hail from 19 states, and of this year’s 39 honorees, 31 are small and medium-sized businesses, while 24 firms are manufacturers.
“It is an honor to once again recognize the significant work being done by the Trump Administration to prioritize American companies and workers as we continue securing fair trade and a level playing field for American industry,” said Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross. “With American companies like these awardees successfully exporting to some of the most challenging markets around the world, we can continue to rebuild and reclaim free, fair, and reciprocal global trade opportunities.”
The President’s “E” Award was created in 1961 by Executive Order of the President and is the highest recognition a U.S. entity can receive for making a significant contribution to the expansion of U.S. exports. In 2019, U.S. exports reached $2.53 trillion, with goods exports at $1.65 trillion and services exports at their highest level yet at $875.83 billion.
This year, 28 companies were honored with the “E” Award for Exports for demonstrating a sustained increase in export sales over a four-year period.
“E” Award for Exports
• Ampronix, Inc. – Irvine, California
• Artazn, LLC – Greeneville, Tennessee
• Astrophysics, Inc. – City of Industry, California
• BISCO – Schaumburg, Illinois
• Chesapeake Specialty Products, Inc. – Baltimore, Maryland
• China America Gateways, LLC – Boulder, Colorado
• CKE Restaurants Holdings – Franklin, Tennessee
• DTN – Minneapolis, Minnesota
• Dynocom Industries, Inc. – Fort Worth, Texas
• Engis Corporation – Wheeling, West Virginia
• Evolue Skincare, Inc. – Beverly Hills, California
• Fugro USA Marine, Inc. – Houston, Texas
• Gravois Aluminum Boats, LLC (DBA Metal Shark) – Jeanerette, Louisiana
• Hydraulics International, Inc. – Chatsworth, California
• Intelligent Security Systems – Woodbridge, New Jersey
• International Forest Products, LLC – Foxborough, Massachusetts
• IOPI Medical, LLC – Woodinville, Washington
• MINDBODY – San Luis Obispo, California
• Morse Manufacturing Company, Inc. – Syracuse, New York
• National Flooring Equipment – Minneapolis, Minnesota
• Patriot Taxiway – Lomira, Wisconsin
• Prospect Machine Products, Inc. – Prospect, Connecticut
• Redi-Rock International – Charlevoix, Michigan
• San Mateo Colleges of Silicon Valley – San Mateo, California
• Serola Biomechanics, Inc. – Loves Park, Illinois
• SPIO, Inc. – Burlen, Washington
• Suavecito – Santa Ana, California
• The Grasshopper Company – Moundridge, Kansas
Eight companies and organizations received the “E” Award for Export Service for assisting and facilitating export activities over a four-year period.
• Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology, Inc. – East Hartford, Connecticut
• Foster Swift Collins & Smith, PC – Lansing, Michigan
• Great Lakes St. Lawrence Governors & Premiers – Chicago, Illinois
• IBT Online, LLC – Deerfield, Illinois
• International Trade Center- Illinois SBDC at Champaign County EDC - Champaign, Illinois
• Röhlig Logistics – Elk Grove Village, Illinois
• TradeMoves, LLC – Silver Spring, Maryland
• VISIT DENVER – Denver, Colorado
One company received the “E” Star Award for Exports, which recognizes previous “E” awardees that have reported four years of additional export growth.
“E” Star Award for Exports
Palladio Beauty Group – Hollywood, Florida
One firm was awarded the “E” Star Award for Export Service, which recognizes previous “E” awardees that have shown four years of continued assistance and facilitation of exports since first winning the “E” Award.
“E” Star Award for Export Service
CCK Strategies – Tulsa, Oklahoma
One organization received its third “E” Star Award for Export Service, which recognizes previous “E” Star awardees that have reported four years of continued export assistance and facilitation. It is the first organization so honored in the more than 50-year history of the “E” Awards program.
3rd “E” Star Award for Export Service
Georgia Department of Economic Development – Atlanta, Georgia
American companies are nominated for “E” Awards through the U.S. and Foreign Commercial Service office network, located within the U.S. Department of Commerce’s International Trade Administration. Record years of successive export growth and an applicant’s demonstration of an innovative international marketing plan that led to the increase in American exports are significant factors in selecting the overall winners.
For more information about the “E” Awards and the benefits of exporting, visit www.trade.gov.